Common Cruds Help
Coughing, sore throat, fever, body aches, general malaise–these are all under the category of Common Crud. It can be from a cold, the flu, strep, or another infection. However, any way you look at it, you feel punky as my mom always said.
These cruds can be bacterial or viral, so good immune support is needed. Even a healthy body cleanses itself sometimes and that can present as a “cold” as well.
One of the best ways to address a cold or the flu is to starve it. Drinking lots of herbal teas like ginger and catnip and eating bone broth made with garlic and parsley can be very helpful during a 24-48 hour fast to help the body put its energy towards eradicating the invader causing the cold/flu symptoms. You want to drink extra water during any fast too because the point is to clear things out of the body, so water helps the body to flush itself.
Common Symptoms of Common Cruds
- Sore throat
- Body aches
- Runny nose
- Colored mucus
- Ear ache
- Ginger (especially tea)
- Bone broth (with garlic and parsley)
- Dark, leafy greens
- 2+ tbsp Healthy Fats daily (avocados, organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc), probiotics, adequate pure water (1/2 your body weight in ounces a day (100lbs = 50oz))
- AVOIDS: sugar, wheat, dairy, alcohol, allergenic foods, caffeine, meat tenderizers, soy sauce, yeast extracts, MSG, non-organic foods, gluten, tobacco, hydrogenated oils, food additives, fake sugars (especially aspartame), coffee, fried foods, refined foods, table salt, processed/canned/frozen foods.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- N-Acetyl Cysteine
- Emotional Release
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Energy Work
- Magnets & Polarity Therapy
- Sound and Color Therapy
- Lymphatic Drain
- Get with your naturopath or homeopath to figure out what homeopathic remedy you need. These can help the body knock out crud quickly and effectively.
- Essential oils: Angelica, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary
- Cell salts: Ferr Phos, Kali Mur, Nat Mur
Also, let me know if you have any requests for natural suggestions for other conditions!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more common crud help and other information.
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.