The sneezing, sniffling, watering eyes, itchy nose, and general malaise brought on by allergies can be down right miserable to deal with. Add to these seasonal allergies the life-threatening, anaphylactic shock inducing allergic reactions and we have a huge topic to discuss. This is why this will be a two-part series on allergies.
In this first edition, I will cover the runny nose, sneezing, coughing, hay fever type allergies. While not life-threatening, they are life-altering. They can cause us to avoid pets or plants or dust or whatever triggers our allergies. Sometimes, people will be so affected they have to move or stay mostly indoors.
There is always hope, as I am fond of saying. This is definitely the case for allergies. I have made major strides in my own struggles with allergies, so I understand how frustrating they can become.
A frequent root cause for allergies is parasites. This is something that will need to be addressed for true healing. Another factor that needs to be considered is gut health. Your gut is not only considered by some to be a second brain, but it also is a large part of the health of your immune system. With allergies, leaky gut is always a factor.
One of the best ways to address leaky gut is to follow a GAPS diet. This can be difficult for many, so a simplified method is listed below. Ideally, this will be followed for at least 3 months and up to a year or two.
- Remove all grains, dairy, nightshades (potatoes, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes)
- Bone broth daily (1.5 to 3 cups daily)
- Eliminate plastic containers
- Eliminate or minimize microwave use
Common Symptoms of Allergies / Hay Fever
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Watery, itchy eyes
- Post-nasal drainage
- Red eyes or nose
- Cruciferous vegetables
- 2+ tbsp Healthy Fats daily (avocados, organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc), probiotics, adequate pure water (1/2 your body weight in ounces a day (100lbs = 50oz))
- AVOIDS: sugar, wheat, dairy, alcohol, soy, allergenic foods, preservatives (especially BHA/BHT), sulfites, caffeine, herring, meat tenderizers, soy sauce, yeast extracts, MSG, non-organic foods, GMOs, gluten, tobacco, hydrogenated oils, food additives, fake sugars (especially aspartame), chocolate, coffee, fried foods, refined foods, table salt, processed/canned/frozen foods.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B complex (Especially Biotin, B5, and B12)
- Allergy Correction Therapy
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Energy Work
- Meridian Tracing (especially liver and triple warmer)
- Light Healing Touch
- Magnets & Polarity Therapy
- Sound and Color Therapy
- Lymphatic Drain
- Lifestyle additions: address parasites, add fermented foods and probiotics, check for heavy metals, consider vaccine connection, dry skin brushing.
- Essential oils: Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint
- Cell salts: Calc Phos, Nat Mur, Kali Phos, Kali Sulph, Ars Iod
While allergies can be miserable, there are ways to help your body heal from them and eliminate them from your life.
Also, let me know if you have any requests for natural suggestions for other conditions!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more allergy help and other information.
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.