Grey Hair Help
Whether you spell it grey or gray, does grey hair have to happen? It’s just part of getting older, right? While I think growing old is a wonderful part of life, I know that greying does not have to be inevitable–especially early.
As a naturopath, I know our hair is an indicator of how our blood is doing and it is actually considered part of our nervous system. Knowing this, there are definitely things we can do to help keep your hair from greying as long as possible.
Grey hair is in indication that there are nutritional deficiencies. Improving the diet and supplementing with a good multi-vitamin/mineral as well as with a good b-vitamin complex are often enough to get your hair back to its former glory. At the very worst, you may stay grey but you will have healthy, shiny, strong hair by supporting your body with good nutrition!
- Wheat Grass Juice
- Fish & Seafood
- Pumpkin seeds
- Brewer’s yeast
- Black Strap Molasses (unsulphered)
- 2+ tbsp Healthy Fats daily (avocados, organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc), adequate pure water (1/2 your body weight in ounces a day (100lbs = 50oz))
- AVOIDS: sugar, caffeine, alcohol, yeast extracts, MSG, non-organic foods, tobacco, hydrogenated oils, food additives, fake sugars (especially aspartame), coffee, fried foods, refined foods, table salt, processed/canned/frozen foods
- Vitamin B complex (especially Biotin, B5, B6, B9, and PABA)
- Bodywork and Massage
- Lymphatic Drain
- Magnets & Polarity Therapy
- Sound and Color Therapy
- Reduce stress by adding meditation, exercise, getting adequate sleep, and by using some of the natural therapies above
- Learn to manage your thoughts, worries, and learn to say no
- Essential oils: Sage, Rosemary
- Cell salts: Kali Dichrom
Grey or gray can be beautiful, but make sure it is your time and you are supporting your body with proper nutrition for optimum health!
Also, let me know if you have any requests for natural suggestions for other conditions!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more ways to keep your hair healthy and other information.
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.