“When done right, cleansing and detoxing are incredible and vital for vibrant natural health.”
Cleansing and Detoxing Are That Important
If you know me, you know I love a good cleanse! Our bodies are designed to cleanse and detox themselves, yes, but in today’s world, supporting these functions is vital! After all, even those self-cleaning ovens have to be turned on and sometimes deep cleaned!
However, it is important to remember that you should ONLY cleanse when you are strong enough. Also, you don’t want to constantly “help” (read: force) your body to cleanse. Twice a year is usually plenty for most people!
This is why I love to talk about cleansing–because we need to do it and we need to do it right.
When done right, cleansing and detoxing are incredible and vital for vibrant natural health.
And, by building long enough, your body will naturally cleanse itself like the amazing machine it is!
Should You Cleanse?
This is a personal question. However, there are some things to consider.
Do you feel drawn to cleansing? Cleansing takes work and dedication, so make sure you are ready!
When was the last time you cleansed? If you haven’t cleansed before at all or it has been more than about 6 months, it is probably time for a cleanse.
What are your goals with cleansing? Some people want more energy, others want to detox from a poison they know has been introduced to their bodies, others want to sleep better. These are all valid reasons. However, simply dropping some quick weight is not a good reason to cleanse. While you can help your weight to normalize by cleansing, it isn’t a quick-fix.
Consider taking our Do You Have Parasites quiz to give you more incentive to cleanse since none of us want to think about sharing our bodies with parasites. This is a frequent reason I cleanse–because I have pets! Check out our newsletter for my favorite pet cleanse!
When You Can’t Cleanse, Build!
Cleansing and detoxing should only happen if you are strong enough to do it. So what do you do when you can’t cleanse? Why, you build!
- Herbal teas are a wonderful way to start building.
- Remember, adding a pinch of high-quality sea salt to all your water refills can help give your body access to more than 70 trace minerals.
- Eating a variety of foods in a rainbow of colors helps bring your body to balance. Aim for at least 8-12 servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Consider eating for your blood type.
- Make sure you are getting enough water–half your weight in pounds in ounces up to your weight in pounds in ounces of water daily!
- Make sure you eat enough healthy fat! 6-10 servings daily for optimal health.
- Join us in our Health Harmonized Membership for monthly teachings with Dr. Hartford and other like-minded folks!
I’d love to help! Consider scheduling an appointment today! Give us a call or a text at (734) 480-8240 or click the button below.
Like what you are reading? Follow me on Facebook!
Read more about our favorite pet cleanse and detox in our newsletter!
Want to be the first to know about offers, sales, and new content?
Sign up for our newsletter!