Read the original list of Natural Solutions for PTSD here.
Always feeling like the tiger is drooling over you. This is the life of someone suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. It isn’t something you have to simply take, let’s consider options for improving your life and moving through the constant stress.
- St. John’s Wort
- Kava Kava
- Green Nettle seed
- Dong Quai
- Ylang ylang
Amino Acids (take with a B-complex and magnesium supplements)
- Tryptophan (combined with tyrosine, studies have shown tryptophan to be as useful as many antidpressants)
- Aconite – Mentally, there is great fear and anxiety, with worries over everything no matter how trivial. The person is unhappy, has forebodings and fears (death, the future, crowds, even crossing the street), has great restlessness, and parts of the body may feel abnormally thick. May feel as though what was just done was a dream. Feels worse in a warm room, in the evening and nighttime, from lying on the affected side, from music, from tobacco smoke, and from dry, cold winds. Feels better in an open room.
- Argentum Nitricum – Fearful and nervous. Thinking his/her understanding will and must fail. Time passes slowly. Impulsive, wants to do things hurridly. Fears and anxieties and hidden irrational motives for actions. Worse from any kind of warmth, at night, from cold food, from sweets, after eating, during menstruation, on the left side, and from emotions. Better from eructation, from fresh air, from cold, and from pressure.
- Arsenicum – Mentally, people typically feel great restlessness and anguish. There is a need to change place constantly. Fears may include death and being alone and the fear may create a cold sweat. The mind cannot stop playing the same trauma over and over. Often, people who will benefit from Arsenicum think it is useless to take medicine. Feels better from heat, from having the head elevated, and with warm drinks. Feels worse in wet weather, from anything cold including drinks and food, after midnight, and on the right side.
- Lyssinum – Often fears becoming mad or going insane. Strong emotions and bad news are aggravating to all symptoms. There is a hypersensitivity of all senses. There may be an irrational fear of water. The emotions are like raw, exposed nerves. Worse from dazzling or reflected light, in the heat of the sun, stooping, from the sight or sound of running/pouring water (or even thinking of fluids).
Unsure how to use homeopathic remedies? Check out our helpful article for tips!
- Arnica – disconnection of Higher Self from the body during shock or trauma, dysfunction or latent illness deriving from past trauma
- Dogwood – awkward and painful awareness of the body, latent emotional trauma or abuse affecting the body, accident prone
- Echinacea – shattered by severe trauma or abuse, physical or emotional disintegration of Self Identity
- Five-Flower Formula / Rescue Remedy – panic, disorientation, loss of consciousness
- Rock Rose – deep fear, terror, panic, fear of death or annihilation
- Star of Bethlehem – shock or trauma (either recent or from a past experience), need for comfort and reassurance from the spiritual world
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.