From migraines to tension to cluster to just a plain old headache, headaches are awful. They can be utterly debilitating. Don’t suffer alone! There are things that can help.
- Devil’s Claw
- Passion Flower
- Valerian Root
- White Willow Bark
Amino Acids (take with a B-complex and magnesium supplements)
- Gelsemium – Headache is band-like, distressing, bursting, tender, and/or vague. It affects the neck, eyes, scalp, and forehead. Desires to be quiet and left alone. Feelings of dullness, listlessness, and languor. Apathy regarding illness. Complete lack of fear. Feels delirious upon falling asleep. Getting excited (fears, joy, exciting news, etc) leads to bodily ailments. May experience stage fright. Worse in damp weather, during fogs, before thunderstorms, from excitements and emotions, from tobacco smoke, when thinking of ailments, and around 10am. Better by bending forward, in open air, after profuse urination, with continuous motion, and from stimulants.
- Aconite – Sudden onset. Headache is band-like and violent and/or bursting. It is centered on the forehead. There is a great sense of fear and anxiety with worries over every ailment. The person is often very restless and startles easily. Heightened sense of smell with pain at the root of the nose. There is great thirst. Better in open air. Worse in a warm room, in the night and evening, from music, from tobacco smoke, and from dry and cold winds.
- Nux Vomica – Headache is splitting and all over. It can be from a hangover. There may be nausea present. Very irritable and sensitive to all impressions. Can be malicious and ugly towards anyone who annoys. Cannot bear noises, odors, lights, and other stimuli. Does not want to be touched. Feels like time passes too slowly. Unable to sleep after 3am. Worse in the morning, from mental exertion, after eating, from touch, from spices/stimulants/narcotics, during dry weather, and from cold. Better from a short and uninterrupted nap, in the evening, while resting, from strong pressure and in damp and cold weather.
- Iris Versicolor – Headache is often a migraine type and is in the front. It may seem like a “sick” headache. The scalp may feel constricted and the right temple may be especially affected. There may be nausea and/or blurred vision present. Worse in the evening/night and from rest. Better from continued motion.
- Dandelion – grief and emotional pain that gets stuck in the physical body
- Five-Flower Formula / Rescue Remedy – extreme pain or shock from a trauma of any type
- Fuchsia – hyper-emotionalism, hysteria that often masks deep pain and trauma; repressed emotions expressed as physical distress
- Self-Heal – ignites self-responsibility in the healing process; encourages the belief one can heal
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.