Suddenly, your chest feels tight. Then, you begin to wheeze as your lungs can’t seem to expand to get enough air nor can you exhale well. Your chest begins to hurt and you start to cough. You feel like you are suffocating. You can’t even speak to let others know you need help.
Asthma can be frightening. If you are having an attack, you will need to seek medical help. However, so long as you aren’t in an emergency situation, naturopathy can help build your body so you can heal your own asthma.
Inflammation and constriction are the main components of asthma and create difficulty breathing. Both are overreactions by the immune system. Leaky Gut can also be a cause of this inflammation and allergic reactions that can cause or exacerbate asthma. Additionally, parasites can be a root cause for inflammation in the body and asthma in particular.
Common Symptoms of Asthma
- Coughing (may be worse during exercise, when laughing, or at night)
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Wheezing, whistling, or squeaky sounds (especially on exhalation)
- Greens (spinach, kale, watercress especially)
- Chia Seed
- Rye and Spelt (may even help prevent childhood asthma)
- Fermented foods (kefir, kombucha, yogurt, coconut water, etc)
- 2+ tbsp Healthy Fats daily (avocados, organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc), probiotics, adequate pure water (1/2 your body weight in ounces a day (100lbs = 50oz))
- AVOIDS: caffeine, dairy, sulfites, preservatives (especially BHA and BHT), white flour, gluten, beans, MSG, tobacco, additives, dyes, fake sugars, sugar, GMOs, gas producing foods (broccoli, beans, cauliflower, cabbage)
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
- Diamine Oxidase (DAO)
- Meridian Tracing
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Energy Work
- Light Healing Touch
- Magnets & Polarity Therapy
- Sound and Color Therapy
- Pancreatic enzymes can be helpful, if you are taking these, avoid turmeric/curcumin and alcohol
- The emotion of the lung is grief. Find a way to work through any unresolved grief.
- Essential oils: Cajeput, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Peppermint, Ravensara
- Cell salts: Kali Phos, Kali Sulph, Nat Sulph
Please don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment if you need further assistance.
Also, let me know if you have any requests for natural suggestions for other health conditions!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more Natural Solutions for: Asthma
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.