NOTE: If you are having an allergic reaction, SEEK MEDICAL HELP. While I am all about naturopathy and natural remedies, until you adjust your diet and lifestyle enough to make a change, any allergic reaction should be treated immediately by medical doctors. After all, you need to live long enough to make the natural changes.
In Part 1 of the Natural Solutions for: Allergies, I discussed allergies meaning the bothersome symptoms of allergies also known as hay fever. Now, we will talk about the life-threatening type.
There is a huge rise in anaphylactic reactions and deadly allergies, especially in the USA. There are many theories as to why, but I think the most convincing I have found is we do not take as good of care of ourselves. This is in spite of being told we are doing the right things. Evidence has shown vaccinations create allergies. In fact, there is a dramatic rise in allergic reactions since we started vaccinating. We also eat what is affectionately (or ironically) known as the standard American diet, or SAD. We eat a great deal of processed foods. We introduce those foods to babies very early. We don’t breast feed as much or as long as we used to. All of these things combined have caused the staggering rise in deadly allergies.
Whatever the reason, I am not here to judge or try to figure it out. I want to help. I know what these reactions are like. I used to have them. To about 20 different things, especially soy and latex. I couldn’t touch even them without my lips, tongue, eyes, and throat swelling. However, now I can. I don’t have to worry about having a reaction. While my case won’t be typical, there is no reason anyone cannot achieve the same results.
As I said in the first edition, a frequent root cause for allergies is parasites. To really heal, you must address those parasites. Another, possibly more important factor, that will need to be rectified is gut health. Your gut is not only considered by some to be a second brain, but it also is a large part of the health of your immune system. With allergies, leaky gut is always a factor.
I shared this in part one, but it bears repeating. One of the best ways to address leaky gut is to follow a GAPS diet. It is very strict, but it can really eliminate leaky gut (also called gut dysbiosis) and reset the body. I highly encourage clients to consider GAPS for life-threatening allergies, especially to foods.
However, this can be difficult for many, so a simplified method is listed below. Ideally, this will be followed for at least 3 months and up to a year or two. This is what I did, for over a year, before I really healed enough to stop having reactions to touching latex and soy. It was another year before I was willing to try eating soy again. Since then, no anaphylactic reactions for me. But it took 2 years.
- Remove all grains, dairy, nightshades (potatoes, eggplant, peppers, tomatoes)
- Bone broth daily (1.5 to 3 cups daily)
- Eliminate plastic containers
- Eliminate microwave use
Common Symptoms of Life-Threatening Allergies
- Trouble breathing
- A drop in blood pressure
- Hives or rashes
- Difficulty swallowing
- A weak or rapid pulse
- Bone Broth
- Cruciferous vegetables
- 2+ tbsp Healthy Fats daily (avocados, organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc), probiotics, adequate pure water (1/2 your body weight in ounces a day (100lbs = 50oz))
- AVOIDS: sugar, wheat, dairy, alcohol, allergenic foods, soy, preservatives (especially BHA/BHT), sulfites, caffeine, herring, meat tenderizers, soy sauce, yeast extracts, MSG, non-organic foods, GMOs, gluten, tobacco, hydrogenated oils, food additives, fake sugars (especially aspartame), chocolate, coffee, fried foods, refined foods, table salt, processed/canned/frozen foods.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin B complex (Especially Biotin, B5, and B12)
- Allergy Correction Therapy
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Energy Work
- Meridian Tracing (especially liver and triple warmer)
- Light Healing Touch
- Magnets & Polarity Therapy
- Sound and Color Therapy
- Lymphatic Drain
- Apis homeopathic remedy (as high as 200C) can be used while you are getting to a hospital to help minimize symptoms like redness, swelling, burning, and itching.
- Lifestyle additions: address parasites, add fermented foods and probiotics, check for heavy metals, consider vaccine connection, dry skin brushing.
- Essential oils: Chamomile, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Peppermint
- Cell salts: Calc Phos, Nat Mur, Kali Phos, Kali Sulph, Ars Iod
Life threatening allergies are nothing to sneeze at, but you can help your body heal from them. It takes time and persistence, but it is possible. I am proof.
Also, let me know if you have any requests for natural suggestions for other conditions!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more allergy help and other information.
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.