Gout is a form of arthritis. This is an inflammatory condition characterized by recurring attacks of a red, hot, swollen, and tender joint. These attacks are often sudden. Frequently, the base of the big toe is the target of gout.
Gout attacks are caused by high levels of uric acid. It used to be called Rich Man’s Disease because it is caused by undigested proteins. Purine buildup can also cause gout attacks.
It should be noted that simply correcting the diet alone can eliminate gout attacks. In general, plan to eat more fruits and vegetables and limit meat (especially lean meats).
Foods to increase:
- Yellow & Dark Green Vegetables
Foods to eliminate:
- Excessive lean proteins
Common Symptoms of Gout
- Intense joint pain
- Lingering discomfort
- Limited range of motion
- Tart Cherry Juice
- Black Cherry Juice
- Fermented foods (kefir, kombucha, yogurt, coconut water, etc)
- 2+ tbsp Healthy Fats daily (avocados, organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc), probiotics, adequate pure water (1/2 your body weight in ounces a day (100lbs = 50oz))
- AVOIDS: sugar, spinach, excessive lean meat, caffeine, herring, meat tenderizers, soy sauce, yeast extracts, MSG, non-organic foods, tobacco, hydrogenated oils, food additives, fake sugars (especially aspartame), coffee, fried foods, refined foods, table salt, processed/canned/frozen foods.
- Vitamin B complex
- Meridian Tracing
- Energy Work
- Light Healing Touch
- Magnets & Polarity Therapy
- Sound and Color Therapy
- Lymphatic Drain
- Protease digestive enzyme can help digest proteins more completely
- Foot soaks: 1/4 cup sea salt and 1/4 cup Epsom salt
- Essential oils: Basil, Fennel, Lemon
- Cell salts: Nat Mur, Nat Sulph, Nat Phos, Ferr Phos, Kali Mur
Gout is a painful condition that is easily managed with the right self-care.
Please don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment if you need further assistance.
Also, let me know if you have any requests for natural suggestions for other conditions!
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter for more gout help and other information.
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.