Burnout (chronically overwhelmed and exhausted) Help
Burnout–that feeling of the world falling in on you and your responsibilities looming all around you. You know what I mean. You just feel you can’t take it anymore. Believe it or not, your health choices have a huge influence on your mental outlook. This means with some changes, you have the power to take control back over your exhaustion and get back out there better than ever and ready to take on any task before you!
In fact, one might even say you’ll have the eye of that proverbial tiger. Hear you roar!
What does burnout mean?
It is very common in our go go go society to reach a state of burnout. If you aren’t producing and producing at your highest capacity all the time, you are considered a failure by many. This is very unfair and is also very unhealthy. Everyone is expected to be a super mom or a go-getting ladder climber. This level of pressure is exhausting mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually. In fact, it can lead directly to many chronic dis-eases as well as to short term illness susceptibility due to suppressing your immune system.
Burnout is considered a state of chronic stress leading to physical and emotional exhaustion, detachment and a cynical outlook, and feelings of being ineffective and unable to accomplish anything. Interestingly, burnout often creeps up on us, slowly overwhelming us over a long period of time. Like a sponge take, take, taking and draining us of our love and emotion… Oh wait, that is what Columbia says to Frank in The Rocky Horror Picture Show… But it is a good turn of the phrase for how burnout makes us feel.
Common Symptoms in Burnout
- Chronic fatigue
- Loss of enjoyment
- Poor performance / lack of productivity
- Irritability and anger
- Apathetic or detached
- Anxiety and depression
- Loss of appetite
- Increased illnesses
- Inability to concentrate
- Chest pain / rapid heart rate
- Digestive disturbances
- Leafy Greens
- Dandelion Greens
- Beets and their Greens
- Cayenne Pepper
- 2+ tbsp Healthy Fats daily (organic butter, coconut oil, olive oil, etc)
- AVOIDS: canned food and drinks, corn, dairy, food additives, MSG, junk foods, processed foods, soy, canola oil, trans fats, tap water, wheat, caffeine, alcohol, sugar substitutes, tobacco
- B-Complex (especially B6 and B12)
- Vitamin A
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Energy Work
- Light Healing Touch
- Magnets & Polarity Therapy
- Meridian Tracing
- Color Therapy
- Emotional Release
- Meditation and Visualization
- The way we feel is always a choice. Understanding this and working towards taking back control can be very helpful.
- Lifestyle additions: exercise, 4-square breathing (breath in for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4, exhale for a count of 4, hold for a count of 4 and repeat), social support, meditation
- Essential oils: fir, peppermint, basil, orange
- Cell salts: Ferr Phos, Kali Phos, and Mag Phos all taken in weekly or monthly rotations
There are so many options for gaining control back over your feelings of being overwhelmed, exhausted, and burned out. There is help. Your naturopath can help to truly tailor a program based on your individual needs and nutritional deficiencies.
Please don’t hesitate to schedule an appointment if you need further assistance.
Also, let me know if you have any requests for natural suggestions for other conditions!
Note: Everything here is for information only. This is not meant to treat or diagnose any medical condition. Seek a qualified medical professional.